The mandate of the Ontario Folk Dance Association is to promote folk arts, and particularly folk dancing of many cultures. It does this through the production and distribution of its magazine, Folk Dancer Online, and through organizing social dance events throughout the year, as well as organizing or co-hosting occasional workshops. OFDA also hosts a robust website, which includes, among other resources, an excellent calendar of local and international folk-dance-related events.
So, one of the most important benefits of your membership in the OFDA is that it helps to promote and support folk dancing as a recreational activity
- The OFDA’s magazine contains articles and advertising of interest to the folk dance community, and keeps members informed of folk dance and other cultural events both locally and worldwide. Formerly a benefit only available to members, it is now freely available on our website where it can be viewed or downloaded. Members will be notified by e-mail when new issues of the Folk Dancer Online are posted.
- Upcoming Events e-mails are posted on a weekly basis. These wide-ranging notices of (mostly local to Ontario) dance classes and workshops, performances and concerts are made available to Members only.
- Significant preferred fee structure to OFDA events. In 2015 Café fees will be $5 members/$10 non-members, and similar preferential fees for other OFDA events will add up in savings to more than the cost of a membership.
- Members will receive a 25% discount on any paid advertising.
- Members are elibigle to apply for the OTEA Scholarship Fund, which assists aspiring dancers and leaders in developing folk dance-related programs and activities. (see fund details here )
Yearly Cost for a single membership Canadian, American or Overseas is CAD/USD $ 25 or,
for a family (2 adults + all children under 18), CAD$ 30
For information contact Mirdza: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrations can be paid by e-mail fund transfer to:
Note that in order to send an email transfer you must first log in to your online bank account and send the transfer to the OFDA gmail noted above. If you are unsure of how to do this, please contact your bank.